Hydra Biosciences is hiring. Open positions with descriptions are posted below.
To apply for a position, please e-mail a CV and letter of introduction to:
Or mail your CV to:
Please, no phone calls.
Associate Director, Pharmacology
We are seeking an Associate Director of Pharmacology to conduct research and manage a dynamic team primarily carrying out in vivo pharmacokinetic and pharmacology activities to advance leads from preclinical discovery into early clinical development.
• Conduct rodent pharmacokinetic and pharmacology studies.
• Manage work flow for a team of 3-5 research associates.
• Perform statistical analyses of experiments and produce study summaries and reports to support program advancement, partnering, and preclinical development activities.
• Represent the pharmacology group as a member of Hydra's research project teams.
• Manage performance and development of individual staff members for maximal success and motivation.
• Research and design efficacy, pharmacokinetic and mechanism of action studies to guide clinical research (ideally).
• Ph.D. in pharmacology, biology, or a related field (toxicology experience or exposure is a plus).
• 3-8 years of industry experience conducting in vivo pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies. Ideally, we seek a candidate with experience running CNS behavior and pain models.
• Experience in the design and execution of efficacy, pharmacokinetic, mechanism of action and safety studies.
• Strong data and statistical analysis skills, particularly as relates to pharmacokinetic and behavioral study analyses.
• Experience in preparing PK, ADME, Pharmacology and Toxicology documents and reports.
• Supervisory experience in the laboratory environment, including teaching/mentoring for laboratory technique, workflow and motivation, and performance review.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
• Highly competent using Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word, and with statistical and graphing programs.
Research Associate - Pharmacology
This is an opportunity to join our team of pharmacologists conducting exciting ion channel research. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, hard-working individual to evaluate compounds in vivo in a variety of disease models.
• Conduct in vivo pharmacokinetic and pharmacology studies.
• In vivo model development, validation, and testing.
• Record experimental parameters and detailed results and observations.
• Analyze experiments including statistical analysis of data.
• Generate spreadsheets, graphs, and PowerPoint presentations of experimental results.
• Present experimental results to project teams.
• BS/MS in pharmacology, biology, or a related field.
• 2-5 years laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries.
• Hands-on experience with efficacy, pharmacokinetic, and/or toxicology studies with in vivo models.
• Excellent recordkeeping skills and computer literacy (including the use of spreadsheets, graphing programs, and databases).
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and oral).
Research Associate: Electrophysiology
Opportunity to join a team of electrophysiologists in our exciting ion channel program. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, hard-working individual with an interest in drug discovery and in ion channels. You will evaluate compounds by whole cell patch clamp, determine potencies on the target channels, interpret the results, and report on your findings. Mammalian cell culture and transfection, and interaction with our chemistry and molecular biology groups will also be important parts of the job.
Bachelor's degree with laboratory research experience. Tissue culture and basic lab skills are a necessity. Experience with whole-cell and single-channel mammalian patch clamp techniques is highly desirable, preferably with a variety of cell types and channels. Strong computer and communications skills are very important. Industry experience is a plus.